Benefits Of Osteopathy during and after pregnancy
- Helps relieve aches and pain as a woman’s body changes to accommodate the growing baby,
- Making sure the baby has plenty of room to develop preventing compression and molding issues through the middle and later stages of pregnancy
- Preparing the woman’s body for giving birth by gently releasing tension in the muscles and ligaments of the pelvis allowing the birth canal to open easily during labor.
- Ensuring and helping proper recovery of a woman’s body from the rigours of giving birth.
Common conditions our Osteopaths treat during pregnancy include:
- Back Pain
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) including Sacroiliac Joint & Pubic Symphysis Pain
- Sciatic Nerve
- Pudendal Nerve Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Facts about pain during pregnancy
- 1 in 4 pregnant women experience pelvic girdle pain (PGP)
- 60% of pregnant women experience mild to moderate pain
- 20% of pregnant women experience severe pain
- 1 in 10 women continue to experience PGP after birth
At Exhale, we treat women throughout all stages of pregnancy assist in preparing your body for labour and beyond.